Q: What is the cost to Register for the Race?
A: You must register to receive a Race t-shirt. Your Registration fee helps to cover the cost of operations but personal giving and fundraising is what enables Komen to save lives here in Greater Kansas City. Registration fees begin at $25 and are based on what category you register as and when during the registration period. Discount codes are offered throughout the year! Watch your email for specials!
Q: Does the Komen Kansas City Race require fundraising?
A: You are not required to fundraise, but we do encourage all participants to fundraise above the entry fee. Just Imagine the IMPACT - If every Race participant raises just $218 ($218 is the cost of a clinical breast exam and digital mammogram) in addition to their registration fee, we would bring in an additional $4 million to support local screening, treatment and educational programs in our community!
Q: Does the money raised stay right here in our community?
A: Yes! Up to 75% of the net income from the Race stays right here in our community to fund vital breast cancer health education and breast cancer screening and treatment programs. Click here to see a list of our current grantees. And the remaining 25% supports the Komen for the Cure Award and Research Grants Programs, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research worldwide.
Q: Where do I send donations that I might receive?
A: Susan G. Komen Kansas City Race for the Cure
1111 Main Street, Suite 450
Kansas City, Missouri 64105
ATTN: Fundraising for the Cure
For donations on behalf of an individual participant or a team, please include that information with your check. Donors can always go online to contribute to you or your time directly and immediately be credited for their gift. To make an online contribution click here!
Q: Is there a deadline for fundraising?
A: All donations on your behalf that are received by August 31st will be credited to your fundraising total and qualify for incentives.
Q. What are some ways I can fundraise for my team/my individual goal?
A: We have plenty of ideas on our Fundraising pages - Click here for more ideas!
Q: Is my registration fee tax-deductible?
A: No, your registration fee helps defray the costs of producing the Race and is not considered tax-deductible. However, any amount that you choose to donate above the entry fee may be considered tax-deductible. Consult your tax adviser for specific details.
Q: How do I form a team?
A: To be considered an official team, you will need 10 or more registered members by the morning of the Race. You can form a team or join a team online (Click here). For more information, contact the Race Teams Chair, at 816-842-4444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Race for the Cure General FAQ's can be found here!
Be sure to LIKE us on Facebook and FOLLOW us on Twitter and Instagram for more information, contests and updates on the 2013 Komen KC Race for the Cure!