Background Image

Community News

Susan G. Komen® Invests in the Future of Breast Cancer Research

Susan G. Komen® Invests in the Future of Breast Cancer Research Kansas Researchers Will Receive More Than $442,000 in New Research Funding DALLAS, TEXAS – Oct. 1, 2014 – Following through on a commitment to….

Read More
Komen KC Wins National Promise Award

Susan G. Komen® Greater Kansas City wins National “Promise Award” at Annual Leadership Conference Fort Worth, TX – Susan G. Komen Greater Kansas City was recognized for its innovative mission work at the breast cancer organization’s annual….

Read More
Komen Promise Grant funds KU Research

Your Dollars in Action! Susan G. Komen Promise Grant funds KU Breast Cancer Research ‪Breast cancer research is a key component in finding the cures for this disease and no one knows this more than Susan G. Komen! Did….

Read More

Komen Spotlight

Where do you find your Strength?
Where do you find your Strength?

Nikia Williams found her voice in the midst of a life-long journey with breast cancer. Read Nikia’s story, in her own powerful words.

Read More

Susan G. Komen Invests in the Future of Breast Cancer Research
Susan G. Komen Invests in the Future of Breast Cancer Research

Following through on a commitment to young scientists and clinicians, the Susan G. Komen® organization announced new grants to more than 50 early-career breast cancer researchers.

Read More

Financial Resources
Financial Resources

Did you know that there are many financial resources that can help people living with breast cancer? Find out more

Read More

Our Mission

It’s simple. Komen Kansas City is fighting breast cancer. How?

  • Funding programs that support those in the fight to save lives. Educating individuals about breast cancer risk factors, the importance of early detection and the resources that are available to them
What We Do

Komen Kansas City is the local source for funding programs that provide breast health services, breast cancer education and outreach in our 17-county Kansas & Missouri service area.

We empower the residents in our service area with information about the importance of early detection and breast health. We donate 75% of net funds raised to vital local breast health services, and dedicate the remaining 25% to national research to find the cures.

Since 1994, Komen Kansas City has raised more than $13.6 million with $10.5 million in local programs and $3.1 million in national research grants.

The Difference We Make

Komen Kansas City is part of the big picture to eradicate breast cancer. But we’re also focused on the local needs of our neighbors. We are dedicated to educating the residents in our service area about breast cancer and the resources available along with funding life-saving screening and treatment programs in for our neighbors currently battling this disease.

The Difference You Make

Join Komen Kansas City in the fight to beat breast cancer. You can donate your time or resources  or host a fundraiser in our 17-county Kansas & Missouri service area. You can know your normal and encourage those around you to know theirs. You can be a listening ear and strong shoulder to family and friends who are in the battle. And you can be an inspiration and tell your story as a survivor. There is a place for you in this fight. Your dollar might be the one that ultimately finds one of the cures. Your presentation might encourage a listener to get a mammogram and find her cancer at an earlier stage.  Contact us today. We’re here to partner with you.

Contact Us

We’re always only a click or a call away. However you reach us, we are always happy to help you.

Our Sponsors

  • Chrome
  • KFKF 94.1
  • KC Business
  • KC 102.1FM
  • Mix 93.3FM
  • Q104FM
  • Shawnee Mission Health
  • HCA Midwest Health System
  • Diagnostic Imaging Centers, P.A.
  • Ultramax Sports

The Susan G. Komen® Promise:

To save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures.

Charity Navigator   
Help & FAQs | Report Improper Conduct | Privacy Policy

Susan G. Komen Greater Kansas City
1111 Main Street, Suite 450
Kansas City, MO 64105
Phone: 816-842-0410
Fax: 816-842-1554
info@komenkansascity.org

Office Hours
Monday – Friday 9 AM – 5 PM

Go to Top